Ihr Einstieg bei Schenker.
|IT Business Systems Analyst, Spec|
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for planning highly complex computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Ensure accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools such as base dictionaries. Establish and maintain security and integrity controls. Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Propose and implement strategic enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Design and implement new database systems as required
• Plan database growth to ensure adequate disk space is available for table spaces and indexes
• Monitor logs for proactive information and possible problems related to database and application issues (production support – proactive support, resolve problems)
• Implement database security as defined by business requirements
• Provide support to the application development teams; respond to ad hoc query requests, specify how programmers will access data when appropriate, and make recommendations for application performance tuning
• Optimize database setup and configuration to obtain required performance levels. Ensure database is tuned and providing efficient data access for business users and applications
• Perform installation of database software and database-related products. Create stored procedures and objects inside the database
• Provide design, configuration, and support for interfaces to external systems when appropriate
• Research upgrades and patches and apply to production system as required
• Engage vendor and internal support organizations for technical assistance when issues are escalated
• Monitor concurrent process workload; define, monitor, and optimize application performance for the various concurrent manager processes; register and define peripheral devices; maintain application environment; define, implement, and troubleshoot workflow, alerts and flex-fields.
• Perform advanced end-user support where approved
• In conjunction with system support personnel, define database backup and recovery methodology to ensure database can be recovered in case of hardware failure, application failure or data corruption
• Participate in disaster recovery exercise as required to demonstrate database recovery capability
• Oracle Applications DBA: Create, modify, and delete user accounts and responsibilities. Setup and verify security profiles to limit business unit system administrator capabilities.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position
(The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a top level individual contributor position. Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 8-10 years of related experience and demonstrated excellence in a specific area of technology.
Qualified candidates may submit their application and applicable documents to SLIcareers@dbschenker.com
Please download the application and applicable documents from our website at:
About Us > Career Opportunities > Your Next Step Starts Here
No resumes will be accepted without an application.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
|Funktionsbereich||Logistik / Supply Chain|